This skirt is fully made with French seams for a clean finish look. Its elastic waist offers maximum comfort whilst being extremely easy to make. No gathers are required except from the elastic to avoid puffy effect. The very comfortable pockets directly sewn in the side seams provide a beautiful relaxed look to this very girly skirt.
- Level: Beginner
- Pattern for sizes : 34 to 48 (European) / 4 to 18 (US) / 6 to 20 (UK).
- Hip measurement: 86 to 121 cm (34 to 48 inches)
- Seam allowances included (see quality chart)
- Free access to full step-by-step assembly video
- Bilingual English-French pattern
- For a lined skirt, have a look here
- More pictures on social media #bonjourpattern #atelierscammit
PAPER PATTERN : instruction booklet + full size pattern (no overlapping)
PDF PATTERN : instruction file + full size pattern to print and assemble (1 layer per size and 2 printing formats : A3 = 6 pages / A4 and US Letter = 12 pages)
What you will learn with this pattern (find related videos here) :
- Making French seams
- Sewing pockets on a skirt
Supplies for sizes 34 to 48 (European) / 4 to 18 (US) / 6 to 20 (UK) :
- Fabric : : 115/115/115/115/115/120/120/120 cm x 140 cm wide (=46/46/46/46/46/48/48/48” x 55” wide) or 115/115/115/135/135/135/135/135 cm x 110 cm wide (=46/46/46/53/53/53/53/53” x 43” wide)
- Lining (pockets + waistband) : 60 cm (=24”)
- Lining (for a lined skirt) : idem fabric
- Elastic band : 3 cm x (waist – 2 cm) (=1.2” x (waist - 1”))
- Fusible interfacing : 20 cm (=8”)
Recommended fabrics :
- Weight: very light to medium (90-240 gsm or 3-7 oz.)
- Fabric: chambray, double gauze, light denim, thin woolen fabric...
- Stretch factor: 0 to 10% max