Feminine-cut shirt, wearable with long sleeves or rolled up sleeves for a casual look. The shoulder, offset to the front, is ruched, echoing the gathers on the back. Two collar options: shirtwaist collar (simple and elegant) or Victorian collar (equally pretty if worn open or closed). The sleeves have a tearproof tab, 2 ease pleats and either a simple cuff or flounce cuff. The shirt can be finished with a straight cut or rounded hemline. French seam finish with all-in-one facing yoke.
- Level: Advanced
- Pattern for sizes : 34 to 48 (European) / 4 to 18 (US) / 6 to 20 (UK).
- Seam allowances included (see quality chart)
- Free access to full step-by-step assembly video
- Bilingual English-French pattern
- More pictures #azurpattern #atelierscammit
PAPER PATTERN : instruction booklet + full size pattern (no overlapping)
PDF PATTERN : instruction file + full size pattern to print and assemble (1 layer per size and 2 printing formats : A0 = 2 pages / A4 and US Letter = 22 pages)
What you will learn with this pattern (see the videos of the main techniques here) :
- Lining a yoke without any visible seam
- Assembling a sleeve
- Making French seams
- Assembling a shirtwaist collar
- Assembling a Victorian collar
- Making a buttoned cuff, with or without flounce
- Making a tear-resistant slit
- Making a button placket
- Finishing a cuff with a ruffle
|Total length (inches)||25||25||25||26||26||26||27||27|
|Arm circumference (inches)||12,1||12,5||12,9||13,4||13,9||14,5||15,1||15,7|
|Sleeve length (inches)||24||24||24||25||25||25||25||25|
|Garment bottom (inches)||40||41||43||44||46||48||51||53|
|Fabric 55" wide (inches): shirt||59||63||67||71||71||75||75||75|
|Fabric 43" wide (inches): shirt||91||94||94||98||98||102||102||102|
|Dress||+ 15" all sizes|
|Buttons 4"||x 11 (shirt) or x 15 (dress)|
|Medium fusible interfacing||max 32 x 24"|
Recommended fabrics :
- Weight: very light to medium (80-240 gsm or 4-7 oz.)
- Fabric: batiste, crêpe, light denim, flannel...
- Stretch factor: 0 to 8% max
Click here to learn how to adapt a garment to your height.
This is a great pattern. So far I made the blouse and I used the ruffled cuffs on another blouse.You will have to take your time with the ruffles, especially if your pattern has a print but it’s well worth the effort. And it is nice to slow down and really do the best job you can. And learn a few new skills!
The instruction in English were easy to follow. There is also a video (in french but you can see really well what the lady is doing). All and all I highly recommend this pattern!