Blouse or dress with a V-neckline finished with a concealed binding and extended with a button placket. Short sleeve with a flared flounce. Fairly straight blouse with or without sleeves that can be made into a dress with elastic waist.
- Level: Intermediate
- Pattern for sizes : 34 to 52 (European) / 4 to 22 (US) / 6 to 24 (UK)
- Seam allowances included (see quality chart)
- Free access to full step-by-step assembly video
- Bilingual English-French pattern
- Interchangeable sleeve with all the patterns wearing a first name (despite Eugenie)
- More pictures #zoepattern #atelierscammit
PAPER PATTERN : instruction booklet + full size pattern (2 pieces overlap)
PDF PATTERN : instruction file + full size pattern to print and assemble (1 layer per size and 2 printing formats : A0 = 2 pages / A4 and US Letter = 14 + 17 pages)
What you will learn with this pattern (see the videos of the main techniques here) :
- Secure sewing lines before assembly
- Assembling a sleeve
- Making French seams
- Finishing a neckline or an armwhole with concealed binding
- Making an open seam with folded overcast
- Assembling a gathered basque
Recommended fabrics :
- Weight: very light to medium-heavy (from 80 to 280 gsm or 3 to 8 oz.)
- Fabric: batiste, crêpe, double gauze, light denim...
- Stretch factor: 0 to 10 % max (0% elastane)
|Blouse length (inches)||26||26||26||27||27||27||28||28||28||28|
|Sleeve length (inches)||7||7||7||7||8||8||8||8||8||8|
|Sleeve bottom (inches)||13||13||14||14||15||15||16||16||17||18|
|Blouse bottom (inches)||38||39||41||42||44||47||49||51||54||56|
|Calf dress length (inches)||43||43||43||43||44||44||44||45||45||45|
|Dress bottom (inches)||56||58||61||63||66||70||73||77||80||84|
|Fabric 55" wide (inches): blouse version||47||47||71|
|Dress version knee / calf length||Add 29 / 39”||Add 35 / 45”||Add 29 / 39”|
|Sleeveless||Remove 16"||Remove 16"||Remove 18"|
|Bias 0.7 or 0.79"||max 80"|
|Thin fusible interfacing||max 12"|
|Form tape interfacing||(or a 0.4” width fusible interfacing non extensible band) max 80”|
|Elastic band 0.2"||max 47"|
|Buttons 0.4-0.5"||x 5-6 (blouse) or x 10-12 (dress)|
Zoe - Pretty summer blouse
I have just made the Zoe blouse in a Liberty Tana Lawn and I'm really pleased with it, will definitely make again.
It was a very satisfying make, learning new finishing techniques. I found the English instructions fairly brief but they were accompanied by the tutorial video and extra tutorials on YouTube e.g. using bias binding, which were extremely helpful. I wasn't able to find English subtitles for the Zoe tutorial video but along with the English instructions, I got there. I used the Atelier Scammit simplified method to make and attach the bias binding around the neckline, for me it was a game changer and in future this will be the method I use.
I felt the "V" neck was a little low for me, so I raised it by about 3cm and reduced the length of the blouse by 7cm.
I look forward to my next Atelier Scammit pattern and learning more techniques.
Great pattern currently making blouse version I am following written instructions and sew along video on utube.Report abuse